Monday, February 16, 2015

DIY Rice/ Dream Buddy



Today I will be talking about a craft I made a while ago, which is my rice/dream pillow buddy...thing. I used to have really terrible nightmares four to five days a week. It is actually why I got into crystal healing, which in turn got me into paganism.

I used crystals to help with nightmares, but I was always worried I would lose them if I kept them in bed with me. So I made this little sleeping buddy!

I found the fabric for like a dollar at Walmart, and then I traced and cut a pattern from it. I made mine a bird, but you could make yours whatever you felt like.

I made a little pocket to put on the side of it to hold my crystals for me. I took a small square of fabric, folded down the edges and stitched to keep the raw edges from unraveling. Then I stitched the square onto the front of the bird.

You can see the pocket better here

After that, I put the two pieces of fabric right side together and stitched it almost all the way around, and then turned it inside out. I hand stitched it because my sewing machine is busted, and I kind of feel like hand sewing puts more intent and energy into it.

After stitching, I filled it with rice, and some chamomile lavender loose leaf tea I have. I used these because I know they help with sleep, and its also what I had on hand. You could use whatever herbs would help with what you want your buddy for i.e. basil for prosperity.

Stitch the opening shut, and there you go! All ready for bed. I tuck amethyst in mine, and keep it on the pillow  next to me. My nightmares have noticeably lessened, now I go weeks before I have one.

Because it has rice in it, you can even microwave it a few seconds to make it nice and warm for super cold nights. Just make sure you don't microwave it with a crystal in the pouch!

I hope this is helpful! I'd love to hear about how you would use one.

No comments:

Post a Comment