Monday, February 9, 2015

First Attempt at Kitchen Witchery

My working altar for tonight

So I've been doing the Spread a Day 2 challenge on Tumblr from ArcaneMysteries and Ragabash Witch. The spread I did today told me to focus on a goal, and card I drew was Strength, which is something I've been working on getting for a while. Strength is one of my favorite cards, and it shows the inner strength in a person. I find it very difficult to say no to people, and I almost never stand up for myself, and so I am hoping that by working on this, I will be able to put my own needs first.

So since I am working on strength, I thought it would be a good chance to incorporate some kitchen witchery. I decided to make chili, since its delicious, and I think that it would be a good food for Strength, since its got a lot of fire in it.

I set up a little kitchen witch altar, with my God/dess candles, the Strength card, and some crystals that I felt were appropriate (shungite, malachite, Tiger's iron, jasper, and red jasper.)

I asked the God and Goddess to help me in my creation, and to imbue my food with inner Strength. I also asked that they help me stand up for myself and for the right of equality for all people. As I added each ingredient, I thought about my intent.

I would give you all my recipe, but I don't really have one.I cut up a green pepper and added a can of chickpeas, vegetable broth, kidney beans, and diced tomatoes. Then I added a bunch of chili powder and some salt.

I really enjoyed this, and will definitely try more kitchen witchery in the future. Do you have any good recipes for kitchen witches? I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment