Friday, February 6, 2015

My Black Thumb Cure (Or so I hope)

Embarrassing fact about me: I am terrible with plants. I love plants, but everything I touch dies, excluding the three tiny cacti I have that are somehow surviving.

So when my grandmother gave me the basil plant she purchased from the grocery store, I knew I had to take action. It's already in a pretty bad state.

My poor little Basil

So I thought of how best to help it, and decided to throw some witchcraft at it, in tandem with more mundane tactics.

I bought a 6" terra-cotta pot and weeded out the dead parts of plant to prevent overcrowding. I used a gold sharpie to draw designs on the pot, and tossed some crystals in there with it. I added some quartz crystal, as well as two stones I found in nature.


In addition to the crystals, I created a sigil for "Growth" and I drew it in gold sharpie on the bottom of the little saucer that goes under the pot. Its my first attempt at sigils, and I am pretty pleased with it:

 "Growth"

After that, I remembered that my best friend gave me a fairy terrarium kit, so I put the decorations from that around it because a) they are cute, and b) if there are nature spirits maybe they'll help out. I am trying absolutely everything I can think of to keep this plant alive!

For the non-witchy stuff, I got new soil and potted it with that, and I also purchased a grow light for it, since my apartment gets very partial sunlight. I also have some houseplant food for it.

Finished!

And that's it! Hopefully it will grow better now, and maybe this will help other black thumbs out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment