Friday, April 10, 2015

To Those Who Feel Like They Have To Hide

I have been fairly open about my spirituality from the beginning. I never felt the need to hide from my friends and most of my family. I have been extremely lucky in that everyone I have told has been very open to my beliefs, and a few have even begun to practice with me (the reason why this post is late is because myself and some friends were up very late last night doing pendulum readings).

Because everyone has been so great when I tell them about my faith, I kind of forgot that not everyone is that understanding.

So this week, when a friend of mine told her parents about how she is exploring paganism, I was very upset to find out that her parents had acted very negatively to her.

They scolded her for looking into silly 'new age' things, and for turning away from her upbringing. Naturally, she was very upset by this.

I realize that many people have stories like this, and I think it is terrible. You should never feel bad for believing what you believe. Whether that's Christianity, paganism, or whatever other belief system. As long as it makes you happy, and nobody is being hurt, I don't see why you should feel bad for practicing.

So I guess this post is mostly me trying to give people who are scared about paganism or witchcraft a pep talk. It's OK to practice these things. If this is a path that you enjoy, and want to take, you should. Don't let anyone make you feel bad or stupid for making a choice that they would not have chosen, and even worse, a choice that they likely do not even understand.

This is a safe blog, and if you feel like you need to talk to someone in a judgment free zone, I am here.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment